Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jobs not printing to scale

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
nickor07
2543 Views, 4 Replies

jobs not printing to scale

Im sorry if this issue has been raised before but when I print a .dwg file form Inventor 2011, it is not printing to scale. When I have the physical print out infront of me and scale it with a ruler it is around 3% smaller than what it actually is on inventor.

I have been printing my sheets off using "Ctrl P", "Best Fit" as this is the only option Ive found which resembles my drawings being nearly correct. but I cant find any further options to help me do what

Does anyone else have this problem, or know what Im doing wrong to cause this.

Thanks

Nick

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: nickor07

You need to chose model 1:1 in the print options, and make sure you select the correct paper size that corresponds to the sheet size within your dwg.

The 'best fit' option will scale everything on your sheet to fit within the print margins that are inbuilt within your printer, usually resulting in a reduction in size when selecting the same size print as set in your sheet format in the DWG.

you most probably see some cropping of the elements around the drawing border as therse will be outside the limits of your print margins. 

Message 3 of 5
xxxr2050

Thanks for report this issue.

You can select the following one option"custom"and specify the scale, and you can plot the accurate size. See attached snapshot.

Also you can use the multi-plot, and you can select the appropriate scale from the drop-down menu.

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 5
nickor07

Thanks for your help. I have since found out that all A3 prints are slightly off scale especially when printing to .pdf. I printed off A1 prints and they were perfect

Message 5 of 5
HarryP108

I have been down this road before myself. I believe it has to do with the print margins built into our Toshiba eStudio167 printer. It is even more accentuated when printing to pdf.

At the end of the day I figure the "Do Not Scale" in the title bar is there for a reason...

Cheers. 

Inventor Professional.
Windows 10.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report