Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ipn trails

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
meisiedesign
1478 Views, 7 Replies

ipn trails

Hi guys,

When I bring a model into an ipn and explode it accordingly I cannot view the trails. Of course, I need to see the trails to switch them off so that it does not clutter my idw's. I do not want to switch the trails off in the idw.

Anybody have a suggestion or experience anything similar. Your help and advice will be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Anti

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

The trails should be visible if you have selected "Display Trails" in the Tweak Components dialog box...

display trails.jpg

However seeing as how IV2014 Update2 still seems to have graphical issues, I'm noticing that my trail visiblity comes and goes depending on how zoomed in or out I am from the trail. If I zoom out some they will disappear. Zoom in closer and they reappear. Not surprising lol. Trying zooming in close and out and see if that allows them to be visible.

You can also hover over where the trails exisit and they will highlight in the IPN file. You can edit the trails by hovering the highlighting, select the trail, then reposition the trail by dragging the green "pin head" of the trail.

You can also do this by selecting the tweak in your model browser. It will highlight both the direction and the trail itself in green...

highlight tweak.jpg

As far as your IDW goes you can edit the view to either Show Trails or hide them (Edit View->Display Options tab)...

edit view.jpg

If you want to hide some of the trails in the IDW to keep it from looking cluttered just right click on the trail and turn off the Visibility....

visibility.jpg

For more detailed help you can try the wiki site. This may help you specifically  http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2014/Help/1283-Inventor1283/3181-Drawings3181/3522-Explode...

Regards,
Kenny
If this post solved your issue please mark "Accept as Solution". It helps everyone...really!
Message 3 of 8

WOW! That was really clear advice, thank you for that. Yes, if I zoom in and out I can see the trails but I have to zoom in so far that I cannot see where the origin of the trail is and potentially switch off wrong trails.

I am also hoping this is simply a graphics issue, one which will soon be sorted...

Message 4 of 8
JDMather
in reply to: meisiedesign

@meisiedesign wrote:

I am also hoping this is simply a graphics issue, one which will soon be sorted...

What version of Inventor are you using (I am seeing a lot of reports of graphics issues with 2014).
Is your graphics card driver up-to-date?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 8
meisiedesign
in reply to: JDMather

I am running 2014 and my drivers are up to date. I have tried using all the drivers (NVIDIA and the drivers listed on the Autodesk Support site for the software) to dispel this problem but nothing seems to work.

There seems to be some error with the trail when in the right-click menu with "Visibility" and "Hide Trails" - as if the programming for the two options are confused.

If I drag and pull the green pin head of a trail, it sometimes suddenly reveals all the other trails and I quickly seize my chance to switch off unnecessary trails. This must be a graphics problem coupled with something else...

NEWS FLASH - if you change your Visual Style to anything BUT "Shaded with Hidden Edges" you won't see the trails in an ipn. I am working with a colleague to find a solution to the problem and this is his most recent discovery. Eureka anyone??

Message 6 of 8

For the love of god autodesk needs to fix the trails and measure tool issues. I cannot believe that it has not been fixed yet.

P.D.S. 2015
P.D.S. 2016
Message 7 of 8

I noticed, that trails remains visible in visual styles with hidden edges visible and in aquarel style.

Obviously uninstalling Update 2 solves problems with trails, however without U2 there are other problems with application, like no layout constraints options in context menu and many more.

Message 8 of 8
SeanFarr
in reply to: AnnaNowak_MuM

I too noticed that after I installed Update 2, I was having graphics issues with the thin lines that are produced by the measuring tool and exploded view trails.

However on a side note, there has been a few recent nVidia updates, possibly caused some issues as well. Currently running Driver Version 320.49

Sean Farr
Product Designer at TESInc.ca

Inventor Professional 2014-Update 2 - AutoCAD Electrical 2014
Win7-x64 | ASUS P8Z77-V | i7 3770 -3.4 GHz | 32GB RAM |
240GB SSD | nVidia GTX 670 4GB - 320.49

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report