Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ipart members not updating

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jcorson8499
530 Views, 3 Replies

ipart members not updating

ive seen a few other posts on this but no real answer. does anyone have any clue why ipart members dont automatically update? or even update when i 'generate files'. this doesnt happen everytime but its enough to be annoying.

any help would be great. 

thanks 

-joe

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
BMiller63
in reply to: jcorson8499

very good question. I'm assuming the answer is: "there is a defect in the software", but let's hope I'm wrong and someone can provide an solid answer.

you're probably aware of the workaround, but just in case: delete all of the previously generated files for the members, and regenerate them.

Tags (2)
Message 3 of 4
jcorson8499
in reply to: BMiller63

yeah im aware of that but i am hoping for a solution. besides posting here i have asked a few other people so im hoping between all of my people i can get a legit answer. but as this is an autodesk product i bet its my computers fault. lol.

Message 4 of 4
BMiller63
in reply to: jcorson8499

Smiley Very Happy

to be fair, in my experience it's the Autodesk resellers that use the:

• blame the user
  • blame the user's machine
  • just reinstall 

approach to troubleshooting.

The Autodesk people I've delt with have always been pretty straight foward in saying "sorry this is a bug".

But as far as fixing those bugs, it seems to be hit or miss. Some things seem to persist for years, others get fixes right off with a hotfix.

This iParts generate issue has persisted for years. Smiley Sad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report