Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inventor usage

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
nateuk05
246 Views, 3 Replies

inventor usage

i recently upgraded to inventor 2012 suite and have noticed that the usage bar in the bottom right corner fills up more quickly now than before using 2009.  i will open assemblies and make small changes and the usage increases rather quickly. any ideas on why this is filling up so fast.  it seems like once it gets to yellow perforamce really starts to get affected.  thanks.

nathan

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: nateuk05

yep.. Its totally normal for those who for some silly/stupid reason haven't gone to a 64 bit operating system by now.

You are basically limited to 4G of RAM MAX.. each year Inventor is a bigger/more demanding application and as such requires more RAM.

If you haven't done so you can try to enable the 3G switch (google it) or get smart and get a 64 bit OS and at least 8G of RAM or more. The ROI in a new system is VERY short. Everything you do will be faster.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 4
SBix26
in reply to: mcgyvr

@mcgyvr wrote:

yep.. Its totally normal for those who for some silly/stupid reason haven't gone to a 64 bit operating system by now. 

It's also normal for those of us where the reason isn't silly or stupid... Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: SBix26

@sbixler wrote:

It's also normal for those of us where the reason isn't silly or stupid... Smiley Wink

Nope.. There is NO reason that isn't silly or stupid to not have a professional 3D CAD program running on a 64 bit OS by now.  The ROI on a new computer is easily a year or less (could be as little as a few weeks) when you factor in the time savings/increased productivity.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report