Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inventor translucent issue

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
hoss1059
769 Views, 2 Replies

inventor translucent issue

New user and having an issue with a model The model has an imported bypass valve which shows up translucent. It is part of an assembly of two valves attached with a tube. I open that assembly up in order to finally open up the valve itself. I turn off the translucent property and it goes back to solid as does the next higher assembly. But the main assembly still shows it as translucent. I've tried saving the parts under new names and replacing the existing pieces in the model and they still come in translucent. On the main model I can't even open the object visibility button, it's grayed out but I can under the sub assemblies. This is version 2014.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BarryZA
in reply to: hoss1059

In your main assembly, set your selection mode to part priority, or find just the valve in your browser and select. Right click and select iproperties, change the appearance.

What you can also do is set up a couple of new view representations, and have the part transparent in 1 and solid in another.

I think the issue you are experiencing is to do with the association type between the sub-assemblies and the main assembly. Right click on your sub-assembly and select representations and play around.

Message 3 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: hoss1059

@hoss1059 wrote:
... The model has an imported bypass valve which shows up translucent.

Can you zip and attach the original file here?

Sounds like a surface body that needs to be solidified.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report