Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inventor 9 series

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
MAC
173 Views, 7 Replies

inventor 9 series

we are installing inventor 9 series this comes with acad2005 which we also use. there is a patch for acad 2005 and when we try to download it says it cant find the program not compatible with this release. is this because we have the package with all the software instead of just acad 2005? has the inventor series already been updated with this patch? as you know starting new software could be a set up and standards nightmare just trying to get all the updates before we run into the problems.
thank you
mac
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: MAC

To install acad I believe you would have had to install either MDT or Acadm. Apply the SP for the appropriate one (probably the locked version). Ray "MAC" wrote in message news:26505289.1100266053380.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > we are installing inventor 9 series this comes with acad2005 which we also use. there is a patch for acad 2005 and when we try to download it says it cant find the program not compatible with this release. is this because we have the package with all the software instead of just acad 2005? has the inventor series already been updated with this patch? as you know starting new software could be a set up and standards nightmare just trying to get all the updates before we run into the problems. > thank you > mac
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

It's because Inventor does not come with AutoCAD 2005, instead it comes with Mechanical Desktop 2005. You'll need to download the service packs for that. Here is the link http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=4749559&linkID=4183232 "MAC" wrote in message news:26505289.1100266053380.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > we are installing inventor 9 series this comes with acad2005 which we also > use. there is a patch for acad 2005 and when we try to download it says it > cant find the program not compatible with this release. is this because we > have the package with all the software instead of just acad 2005? has the > inventor series already been updated with this patch? as you know starting > new software could be a set up and standards nightmare just trying to get > all the updates before we run into the problems. > thank you > mac
Message 4 of 8
MAC

thanks for responding
the in9 series that we have came with inventor, mech desktop, acad mech, and acad 2005. all 4 progams in one. so how do i get a patch for just acad 2005?
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

I am not sure about this but I believe the MDT patch takes care of the MDT version of Autocad.
The MDT version is different than vanilla Autocad. For example it includes iges translation.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

You must get the SP for AIS9 autocad (AutoCAD, MDT or ACADM), not just autocad. They are two different updates. I believe the site you are looking for is: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=4183232#section110 Select the Autodesk Inventor® Series 9 link. "MAC" wrote in message news:26593042.1100268234259.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > thanks for responding > the in9 series that we have came with inventor, mech desktop, acad mech, and acad 2005. all 4 progams in one. so how do i get a patch for just acad 2005?
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

As part of AIS you can't just patch AutoCAD. You have to patch the installation that gives you AutoCAD. So... Because you installed MDT (not AutoCAD) you have to patch MDT. Patching MDT also patches ACADM and ACAD. -- Regards, Jason Ruge Inventor QA Autodesk, Inc. "MAC" wrote in message news:26593042.1100268234259.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > thanks for responding > the in9 series that we have came with inventor, mech desktop, acad mech, and acad 2005. all 4 progams in one. so how do i get a patch for just acad 2005?
Message 8 of 8
MAC

thats it thanks for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report