Inventor General Discussion

Active Contributor
freegoodkharma
Message 11 of 15 (260 Views)

Re: inventor 2013 how to create this picture

11-15-2013 08:18 PM in reply to: DaleDavis3738

Sure but, I am having problems zipping the file and it exceeds the limits of this forum and I have received a (flooding) message. 

To make an approximation of your drawing, what I had was to orphan, **** and overshoot the extrusions because of the increasing radius of the coil. The place Hole feature would not work!

If you would like to add me to your Drop box my email is freegoodkharma@yahoo.com or send me one or yours.

Yours truly,

Carl T.

Active Contributor
freegoodkharma
Message 12 of 15 (237 Views)

11-16-2013 06:45 AM in reply to: DaleDavis3738

Perhaps I do not need no stinking WinZip!  I will try again.

Yours truly,

Carl T.

Active Contributor
DaleDavis3738
Message 13 of 15 (160 Views)

11-20-2013 11:05 AM in reply to: freegoodkharma

carl

I tried to open it but I am running 2013 maybe it was saved in newer format?

Thanks

Dale

Active Contributor
freegoodkharma
Message 14 of 15 (130 Views)

11-21-2013 06:51 AM in reply to: DaleDavis3738

I am sorry I miss understood your post.  I am using Inventor 14 and I see no way to save to an earlier format.  I am sure that you can accomplish the part with your current version.  The hard part is the sweep on the spiral.  Make the smaller extrusion on the end of the spiral then array, then make the larger extrusion on top of the other then array.  I just ignore the iErrors.

Yours truly,

Carl T.

*Expert Elite*
JDMather
Message 15 of 15 (116 Views)

11-21-2013 09:08 AM in reply to: freegoodkharma

freegoodkharma wrote:
I just ignore the iErrors.

Yours truly,

Carl T.

If you had made the smaller circle at that end before the large circle should not get the error.

(the error is easily eliminated by using Extrusion3 for Rectangular Pattern11 rather then the unecessary duplicate hole, and delete that "hole")  (Extrusion6 could also be eliminated as it is a duplication, but you have other depenancies now that will cause error if deleted.)

I would have Coil a single line as a Surface body and Thicken rather than create a 3D sketch spiral, rectangle and Sweep.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2014 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional
Inventor Professional 2015 64-bit
http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity
http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/inventor_surface_tutorials.htm

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube