Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inventor 2013 hang up/window frozen

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
1674 Views, 13 Replies

inventor 2013 hang up/window frozen

Hello,

My student version of inventor 2013 Professional (32bit) hang up (window frozen) after selecting -> 2D Sketch ->Line/Circle or other drawingtools. I can see "no feedback"/"no response" (on German "keine Rückmeldung") in my window.

I testet 3D-Sketch and this work without problems.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
admaiora
in reply to: Anonymous

hi Florian,

it looks like a Windows problem...

Try to use the software with an account as administrator.

Try to repair the install as well.

Good Luck!

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 14
mdavis22569

are you up to date on all the patches for both Windows and Inventor?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: mdavis22569

Yes, all is actually up to date.
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: admaiora

I cant use this software as an administrator. I have no admin-rights. The admin install the software and i use the software with my user-account.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous

But Inventor Fusion, Design Review and Trueview works fine.

Message 7 of 14
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

I testet 3D-Sketch and this work without problems.

Is the problem with any file or just this one file?

Have you rebooted the computer and the problem persists?

Try going to Tools>Application Options>Hardware tab and select lowest setting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

I have the problem with any file. I restartet my computer and the problem isnt solved. I tried lowest settings now but it doesnt work. Before a week i used inventor without problems.

Message 9 of 14
JDMather

Check when your latest Windows Restore Point was set - something has happened that maybe you can go back to a Restore Point that will eliminate the change (I create frequent Restore Points - at least before and after installing any software).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 10 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Ok, i will check this tomorrow.

thanks in advance

Message 11 of 14
johnsonshiue

Does it happen to a sketch in ipt or it happens in idw and iam also? Along with JD's suggestion to check Hardware setting, you might want to check the followings.

1) Restart Inventor and go to Project. Expand all project settings for the active project. Take a snapshot and post it here. What is your default Material and Appearance Library?

2) Are there multiple machines at your school loaded with Inventor? Does it happen only on one specific machine or it behaves the same on all machines you tried.

3) Go to Tools -> Application Options -> General -> Import -> select "Use Inventor Settings."

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

It works without problems only by idw or iam but not by ipt. I will check your solution tomorrow if the time say yes.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous

Hey,

My problem is solved. I tried this (found on the internet):

You might want to export your settings first.  Just delete the following section: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion17.0.  Next time you start Inventor, that will be re-created. If that doesn't do it, then you will need to delete everything Inventor-related under your user profile, then launch Inventor again.  You will lose customizations, but you should be back in operation again.

Thanks for this great support!

Message 14 of 14
DeerSpotter

Evil Inventor.jpg

this is why my inventor freezes up sometimes, it hits the 666 mark

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
..........................................................................................................................
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
..........................................................................................................................

See My LinkedIn Profile

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report