Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inventor 2011 will not give me an angle dim

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
none1
1280 Views, 23 Replies

inventor 2011 will not give me an angle dim

Is there any way of telling inventor NO NOT LINEAR, ANGULAR.

I just want to create an angle dim between two sketchs lines I have created.  The only option it gives me is verrtical, horizontal or aligned.  NEED A SIMPLE ANGLE DIMENSION.  Should take more than 2-3 seconds, but after ten minutes I have over 60 linear dims that are vertical, horizontal or aligned.

Another question since inventor spits out linear dims to begin with, why not have an angular option on the right click?   Is there an LOGICAL reason why this option does not ALREADY exist?

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
none1
in reply to: nannerdw

I disagree not all posts had the intent of answering the question.  I see some of the insulting posts are now gone from this thread.

The correct answer would have been "no you cannot tell inventor angular not linear".

I did figure out the problem myself.  IT IS A BUG WITH INVENTOR conflicting with other softwares and MS.

Message 22 of 24
none1
in reply to: nannerdw

Yes the sketches were from the same view  (I believe that terminology "viewport" is for ACAD only) or the BASE VIEW in inventor.  

Inventor refused to see any lines from a different sketch.  So when I clicked on the 2nd line it automatically through out linear dims for the 1st line i selected.  ONCE I placed both liines in the same sketch all was good.

Message 23 of 24
ampster401
in reply to: none1

pebkac

going by all posts.

Good Luck in your future.

Message 24 of 24
none1
in reply to: ampster401

pebkac   Is this English?

going by all posts.     Going by proper English all sentences are to start with a Capital letter.  Didn't you learn this in grade school? 

Good Luck in your future.

Is this kindness or a threat?

Well I will answer to both.

Kindness    Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Threat  Well I do not believe in LUCK I believe in FATE.  Threats are illogical!   SPOCK  Star Trek

Happy Holidays!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report