Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inv8 <--> autocad R14

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
151 Views, 3 Replies

inv8 <--> autocad R14

Upgraded to inv8 last week. Following questions arise. When importing autocad geometry in sketches it creates a new sketch for the imported geometry, right? But when constraining the imported geometry the line do not change linethickness when fully constrained. I know this was an isue in older versions, has this still not been solved? Exporting idw's to autocad R14 seems impossible. In the dwg options R14 is not listed. Tried DXF next and found in the options R12 DXF format. Odly this file can not be read with R14, it's got errors all over. Am i missing something? thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
xavierl
in reply to: Anonymous

try using 'recover' in r14, it may fix up some of the problems.
Frans X Liebenberg
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Save as ACAD2004.dwg then use the batch converter found on the Autodesk website to convert to ACAD14.dwg.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Did you install SP1? There's something wrong with dxf12 that got fixed in SP1. -- Michael Puschner www.scholle.de "Paul" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:40499143_3@newsprd01... > Upgraded to inv8 last week. Following questions arise. > When importing autocad geometry in sketches it creates a new sketch for the > imported geometry, right? But when constraining the imported geometry the > line do not change linethickness when fully constrained. I know this was an > isue in older versions, has this still not been solved? > Exporting idw's to autocad R14 seems impossible. In the dwg options R14 is > not listed. Tried DXF next and found in the options R12 DXF format. Odly > this file can not be read with R14, it's got errors all over. Am i missing > something? > > thanks > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report