Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

indented BOM

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
JimSteinmeyer
356 Views, 2 Replies

indented BOM

Can someone suggest what I must have changed in how my BOM is set up? With the first Assembly I printed a BOM for this morning the parts were numbered in an indented structure just as I wanted.

first bom.JPG

Then I attempted to print out the BOM of my second assembly and in no way can I get it to print indented.

second bom.JPG

In both instances I had the screen set to show model data before exporting the file. In both cases the file was set to export as structured as that was the only option availavle. I have attempted exporting to both ExCell and Acess with the same results. What did I not do right for the second assembly?

On a related note, is there any way to show this BOM parametrically in the drawings? Either that or an indented material list structured like the first screen shot? That is my ulltimate goal with this.

Thank you

Jim

Inventor Premium 2013 SP1.1
Vault 2013- plain vanilla version
HP G71 notebook
celeron cpu w\ 4gb RAM and 64 bit system
Win 7 home premium

Ya, my boss has me running my personal machine at work.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jletcher
in reply to: JimSteinmeyer

On the Structure tab right click View Properties change level to all levels. and yes this works in IDW just pick the option.

Message 3 of 3
JimSteinmeyer
in reply to: jletcher

Thank you. i figured it would be something easy.

Jim

Inventor Premium 2013 SP1.1
Vault 2013- plain vanilla version
HP G71 notebook
celeron cpu w\ 4gb RAM and 64 bit system
Win 7 home premium

Ya, my boss has me running my personal machine at work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report