Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idw to dwg conversion

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
mmojica
298 Views, 6 Replies

idw to dwg conversion

when i convert a .idw to a .dwg file, why doesn't the revision block come with it? or is it just me?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: mmojica

What version of Inventor? It may be there just too dark to see. "mmojica" wrote in message news:20857021.1106333650527.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > when i convert a .idw to a .dwg file, why doesn't the revision block come with it? or is it just me?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

MMojica, did you get this figured out?

Mike
Message 4 of 7
mmojica

no, i have not figured it out
and i am using IV9 pro
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Can you post (to autodesk.inventor.customer-files) or send me an e-mail with the IDW file that exhibit this behavior? Thanks, -- Scott Kohls Inventor Development Autodesk, Inc "mmojica" wrote in message news:11585113.1106674399288.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > no, i have not figured it out > and i am using IV9 pro
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

I think what the problem is is that by default the sketcher allows all items to be of a really dark blue color. So dark it almost looks black.

When the rev block is exported to Acad, Acad assigns color 255 to it. On a black background the rev block is not visable.

mm needs to change the color of his rev block (symbol) to another color, then export it to see if it is visable in the new color.

Mike
Message 7 of 7
mmojica

the problem only occurs when i edit the revision block (changed ZONE to ECO# moved APPROVED up and changed to APP. BY, 123 to ABC and changed to a smaller text size) The default block converts fine. and if i place the edited block twice, only the later will convert. a co-worker (C_A_D_M_A_N) tried the same changes in IV9 and all seems to convert fine. but i can reproduce the problem every time with IV9 Pro. is it PRO or just me?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report