Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idw text - graphics issue?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
637 Views, 10 Replies

idw text - graphics issue?

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could have a look at the attached screenshot and tell me if they think it is a graphics card issue?

It only happens when repositioning a leader text, does not do it with dimensions.

Thanks,

MechEng

System:

Dell Precision M6600

Windows 7 64 SP1

Inventor pro 2013 SP2

Intel i7-2860QM 2.5GHz

32GB RAM

NVIDIA Quadro 4000M Driver Version 320.00

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

My compuer sometime does this and I have to shut down inventor and re-boot.

To find the best hardware try using the link below

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?siteID=123112&id=18844534&results=1&stype=graphic&suite...

Hope this helps

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

Chris,

Thanks, have tried rebooting and it makes no difference.

Have also tried the link belew previously but for some reason it doesnt seem to recognise mobile nvidia cards for 2013.

Appreciate the feedback though.

Mike

Message 4 of 11
mcgyvr

that certified hardware page is a joke.. Its not actively updated anymore..

I ALWAYS just use the latest driver from the graphics card manufacturers website and when I upgrade Inventor each year I also make sure I've updated my graphics card driver before I load the new version. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 11
Yijiang.Cai

Could you attach the dataset here or send it to me @ river-yijiang.cai@autodesk.com? So that we could investigate it in my environment.

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com
Message 6 of 11
blair

Some of the Dell laptops ship with both the Nvidia graphics card and a Intel onboard graphics card. Make sure your system/Windows/Nvidia control panel is using the Nvidia card. Default is the Intel card.

I had to make this change on my Alienware laptop. Big improvement in performance after making the change.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

Thanks for the advice blair, whats the best way to go about checking that?

As far as i can see using dxdiag or system properties it comes up as the 4000M as my graphics card.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Yijiang.Cai

River Cai,

Cool name by the way. Anyway attaching a dataset would not really help as it does it on all idw's

Thanks

Message 9 of 11
blair

You need to check from the Nvidia control panel. I don't have my laptop at the office. If need be I can post a couple of screen shots this evening when I get home.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

I've attached a screenshot of what i think you are talking about. Is this correct? I also noticed today that in inventor system diagnostic that it is failing to load directx 11 and reverting back to 10 but it sometimes fails that as well and reverts back to 9. Maybe thinking of updating graphics driver to see if that solves anything.

Message 11 of 11
blair

Yes, looks like your machine only has a single GPU.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report