Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idw crash

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
190 Views, 3 Replies

idw crash

I had just saved my idw after about 1 hr. of work. When I tried to add
another dim, Inventor crashed and shut down. Now I have two idws. One is
named F3003-17.idw and another is named F3003-17.newVer.idw.

I opened the F3003-17.idw and it is in the state before I did the save. No
problem, I thought, just open the .newVer.idw. When I try to open it, I get
the error message attached here.

Any ideas what might cause this?

Kirk
--
Inventor 7.0 sp1 (Home Ed.)
Dell 4550
WinXP Pro
P4, 2.8 Ghz, 1G
Quadro 900 XGL
nVidia v6.14.10.4403
1280x1024, 32 bit
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rllthomas
in reply to: Anonymous

I can't see your error message but basically the newver version is what was being written to disk during the crash. Sometimes the file is through being written and IV is just closing the file handles when things crash at which point the newver file is good. Usually the newver file is corrupt and needs to be deleted while you go on your merry way and do things a second time.
Message 3 of 4
jmartzig

haven't been posting all that much lately, cuz i just have a negative atitude toward ade$k lately. but this (Edited) happens alot to me. new.ver is worthless! another thing that happens alot is at the end of the day, i close out the few ipt's, and idw's that i have open, then close IV, and the stupid inventor.exe blah blah blah dialog comes up. getting real sick of this program now. -Joe
Message 4 of 4
jmartzig

just after posting the above, i had one idw open (4 page), hit the save button..........Inventor.exe blah blah blah. apparently IV7 is smart enough to know that i'm (Edited) and i've just posted a harsh comment, and decides to crash, leaving me with a *.new.ver with a 3k file size. nice. -Joe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report