Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idw Template

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
floccipier
936 Views, 3 Replies

idw Template

Hi All,

I was trying to make new .idw (inventor) templates based on .dwg (autocad) templates. For some reason the type face Simplex is not showing correctly on screen and on print outs. I have checked on various machines and result was same.

is simplex not compatible??

Please advise.

Regards,

Sajid Mahmood

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: floccipier

Use Arial or other similar font.. Simplex worked great in the Autocad days of pen plotters,etc.. but does not work well with Inventor..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 4
sam_m
in reply to: floccipier

Inventor and AutoCAD use different fonts - AutoCAD uses SHX (i think) and Inventor uses Window's native TTF fonts.  So, it's best to change over to a different font with Inventor.   Also, as a tip, it's probably best to start a brand new idw template and create it within Inventor instead of importing an old AutoCAD dwg border as it can often have a load of extra lines/points/rubbish/etc which will only be a greater overhead in cpu and file-size as you go on.

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 4 of 4
floccipier
in reply to: sam_m

Thanks alot for your help guys.

I need some more help regarding templates.

Sadly I have to convert drawings from idw to dwg quite alot and every time when i get drawing from inventor to autocad I have to fix the layers as per my autocad template (conventional layers that are turned on/off in certain layouts to show the certain details). What is better and easiest way to do this?

Any helping coments/links will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Sajid Mahmood

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report