Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.idw Questions

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
BDUB2012
317 Views, 1 Reply

.idw Questions

Inventor 2013. When I create a base view and then create views from that base view whether it is a projected view, detail view, section view etc... If I want to turn the visibility of a component off in the view created from the base view I right click in the view and the visibility is greyed out. Is there a setting for this or have I created my views wrong.

2nd question is can I have an item bubble in a drawing that does not have a leader. When I right click an item bubble the delete leader option is greyed out.

Thanks in advance...
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
rhasell
in reply to: BDUB2012

Hi

Question 1:

Edit the view, just above the View Representation box is a check box that looks like a chain link, Uncheck this box.

assiciate.PNG

NOTE: This is the associative box, which automatically updates design view reps in the model. Inventor is using this a lot more, so try and start using it by setting the visiblity of components in the assembly/part.

Question 2

I am not sure if this is possible, but following is what I do to solve this issue:

This is a 2 stage process.

Create a new leader style with a white line style. (Page colour)

Create a new Balloon style

Change the leader to the new "White" leader created above.

You can now switch between the 2 balloon styles by selecting the balloon style from the "Format" pulldown.

leader.PNG

Hope this help.

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report