Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.iam files currupt

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
avanboekel11
377 Views, 5 Replies

.iam files currupt

Okay, so I created a design in Inventor 2012 student edition on Windows 7. When I switched to 2013 on Windows 8 release preview, all of my assembly files are messed up. Everything is moved around, and not where it's supposed to be. However, all of the constraints are correct, and when I render it, it looks fine.

Any solutions are greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Cadmanto
in reply to: avanboekel11

Welcome to the forum.

Did you try rebuilding the assembly?

Can you post the assembly here?

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 6
avanboekel11
in reply to: Cadmanto

The assembly is updated. I sent the assembly and parts to my friend who has Inventor 2012 on Windows 7. It was fine. Here is an example of what it looks like. However, at different angles and zooms, different parts move.

Message 4 of 6
avanboekel11

and what its supposed to look like (for the most part)

Message 5 of 6
Cadmanto

I am thinking that there is an issue with the assembly being created in the student edition.

As an experiment, try fixing it in the regular Inventor 2012 and see if it sticks.

This wouldn't be the first time I have seen an issue between a student edition and the

full blown edition.  Remember al of the commands and to some degree how they work are not the same between the two.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 6 of 6
avanboekel11

It wont open in 2012. It was modified, and saved in 2013, and it's not backwards compatable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums