Inventor General Discussion

Contributor
YoniGaia
Message 1 of 4 (295 Views)
Accepted Solution

iProperty Parameter Precision

295 Views, 3 Replies
06-16-2011 02:02 AM

I want to create a Text Custom iProperty that will get the value of the Thickness Parameter without the trailing zeros and decimal point.

At first I simply exported the Thickness Parameter, but then it would show in the  Custom iProperties with the precision stated in the document settings.

Please Help.

Yoni

*Expert Elite*
PaulMunford
Message 2 of 4 (283 Views)

Re: iProperty Parameter Precision

06-16-2011 05:33 AM in reply to: YoniGaia

In the parameters manager, once you have marked the parameter for export, you can right click in the appropriate cell and chose 'Custom Format'.

This will allow you to have one paramter value display differntly to the defult part document units

Custom Propert Format.png

Custom Property Format Dialogue.png

The CAD Setter Out Blog @CadSetterOut

Inventor Surfacing | AutoCAD | CAD Standards

Please use the Mark Solutions! Accept as Solution or Give Kudos! Kudos functions - Thank you!
Contributor
YoniGaia
Message 3 of 4 (280 Views)

06-16-2011 06:19 AM in reply to: PaulMunford

Thanks Paul,

Your post was most helpful.

So simple, but never accured to me...

Regards,

Yoni

*Expert Elite*
PaulMunford
Message 4 of 4 (262 Views)

06-16-2011 09:11 AM in reply to: YoniGaia

Glad I could help Yoni!

The CAD Setter Out Blog @CadSetterOut

Inventor Surfacing | AutoCAD | CAD Standards

Please use the Mark Solutions! Accept as Solution or Give Kudos! Kudos functions - Thank you!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube