Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPart mass properties

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
stevec781
1927 Views, 4 Replies

iPart mass properties

Is there a way to add mass over rides for each member in an ipart table so that the new mass is correctly applied in the assembly mass calculations?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jdavis417
in reply to: stevec781

I don't know of a way.

This is the reason I use iParts as a "Factory"... setting to the new iPart, SaveAs new file, delete the Table and finally the Mass over ride in iProperties.

Message 3 of 5
DVDM

I had to work around this same issue a couple months back.

To make it work I had to create several custom materials in the iPart factory that, when assigned to a configuration, gave me the correct estimated mass.
Then in the table I had to assign each configuration its corresponding material.

Obviously you don't want to have to do this for very big tables.

Message 4 of 5
jingyi.liu

Hi 

Here is a old post, from the attachement I introudced solutuion to solve iPart mass issue, hope it's helpful.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Adding-Mass-Overides-to-Iparts/m-p/3579044#M444828

Jingyi Liu

Inventor Product Manager
Message 5 of 5
karthur1
in reply to: jingyi.liu

Jingyi,

I was not able to follow the solution #2 that you give in your pdf.  After I created an assembly using the part members, I was able to add the column to the BOM like you show in step #4.  However, since this is an ipart member, I am not allowd to edit the column by adding the "=<MassProp>" formula.

Maybe I am missing something.

Thanks,

Kirk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report