Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPart Performance Issue, Inventor 2014

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
pney
923 Views, 6 Replies

iPart Performance Issue, Inventor 2014

We are having severe performance issues with previously created iParts in Inventor 2014.  It occurrs when generating iPart members that need migration.  It can take over 6 minutes to generate one member, making work impossible.  I have also tried migrating files with the task scheduler and it was just as slow, only completing 6 files in 1 hour, making mass migration impractical.  I also have a support case with Autodesk and they have not found the issue.  Has anyone else seen this issue?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
johnsonshiue
in reply to: pney

Hi! Do you mind providing the Case ID or any evidence that you have contacted Product Support? I would like to take a look at this case further. The behavior you described here does not make sense to me so far.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 7
pney
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Case# 08445783

The issue seems to be related to a custom material/appearance library, created new in 2014. Removing the reference in the project file has helped but we are still testing to make sure that it actually fixed the problem. No idea why a custom material library would slow things down so much, especially for iParts. The custom library is much smaller than the standard Inventor one.

-Pete-
Message 4 of 7
Oesh01

We are having similar issues.  I have upgraded all of our users to Inventor Pro 2014 along with Vault Pro 2014.  We use a custom sheet metal library to create most of our manufactured parts.  One of the issues we are having is that we can change an ipart once.... only once.  As soon as you try to change it again, Inventor crashes.  This is not good at all... we depend heavily on iparts. 

We are also having Inventor get caught up with Vault not seeing that files are checked out.  In the browser, Inventor says the child and factory are checked out... but when the user tries to save... Inventor says that the files are not the current version and will not allow a save. 

Help please!

Message 5 of 7
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Oesh01

The behavior you describe does not sound right. If you can provide an example, I can take a closer look. You can either email me the files or upload to a secure server. Please let me know which way you prefer (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com).

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 7
Oesh01
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I will email you the pack n go directly.

Message 7 of 7
edonline69

I am having the same problem. We have upgraded to 2014 a couple of months ago. All our iPart parents migrated successfully to 2014. We deal with aluminum extrusions and my tables consist of one row with a custom field to change the length. Some some ipart children update quick and some will take approx 10 minutes.

So far one work around has been discovered.

On the parts that take a long time to updat we change our .ipj project to the standard Defualt .ipj. For some reason it works. Change it back to our Vault .ipj then it takes forever again.

Thought it might be the material libraries but ruled that out.

Any thoughts may prove helpful.

Thanks,

Autodesk Produt Suite 2014

WIN 7 Prof

32 GB ram

NVIDIA Quadro 2000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report