Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

_iPart Opening from within Assy...

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
serge
130 Views, 5 Replies

_iPart Opening from within Assy...

Can't I open an iPart-component in an Assy with RMB->Open, just like a traditional Part... Thanks ... Zenomy
DEVIDTS Serge, CAD Consultant
http://www.CADdICT.be
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
shekarsub[Autodesk]
in reply to: serge

I was able to place an iPart IPT file (PARENT) and iPart IAM file (CHILD) using RMB, Place Component in an IAM file.

It might be possible that in an IAM file you might be doing in-place edit or something else. Double-click on the root node of the assembly or press Return and then try.

If this does not solve your issue, please post specific steps. Thanks.

shekar[Autodesk]
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Hi Zenomy,

Sorry, I misunderstood your question. Yes, Open is not available in the assembly browser on a standard iPart and on a custom iPart Open is available but it takes you to the derived component that was created for the iPart child.

I can see the need for this (as a convenience mechanism), though iPart parent is the driver and the ipart child the driven. Thanks.

shekar
Message 4 of 6
serge

Thanks for the reply...
DEVIDTS Serge, CAD Consultant
http://www.CADdICT.be
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Please let me know if this solves the i-assembly feature.

Want to create i-assembly feature. Please tell me the correct procedure for inv8.

I need this in urgently.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Hi sam11a,

We don't have iAssemblies yet. i.e. iPart like functionality in an assembly where the table would be in the assembly not in the part. Were you looking for something else? Thanks.

shekar

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report