Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPart Factory Table on Drawing Show Equation not Value for Parameters

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Michael_Walker
4792 Views, 11 Replies

iPart Factory Table on Drawing Show Equation not Value for Parameters

I have an iPart that I have created parameters to perform some basic calcs so the values will show up on every member. The parameters are correct for the different member so it appears to be working correctly on the model side. For example I have a parameter called 'CutLength' that performs simple math functions. But when I make the table on the drawing and I include this parameter, I see the formula in the table instead of the value. Is there a way I can have it display the value instead of the equation?
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

There is no possible way how to show evaluated formula in the drawing table now. We are only showing values we have got from iPart. Edited by: david.obergries@autodesk.com on Oct 23, 2008 11:12 AM
Message 3 of 12
kdcruz37
in reply to: Michael_Walker

Its been 5 years since the last post on this discussion, surely Inventor has advaned with more features.

Is it still not possibe to show the Value instead of the Equation? I would really like to have this option as it would help me with my work.

Thanks

Tags (2)
Message 4 of 12
jeff.noel

I'm going to bring this back from the dead as well.  I have done some searching around, and from what I can tell this hasn't been implemented yet?  So if I have an equation that I use to create say the Length of an iPart, when I make a drawing of my iParts, and make a table showing the dimensions, I can only have that equation show up in the table, not the calculated value?  I'm not sure why that would make sense, I really don't want the guy working the bandsaw to have to stop and calculate this formula to determine how long to cut the flatbar, that is why I use tools like Inventor, it processes the equation, and spits out a usable number for us to cut to, except in this case where it just spits out the equation.  Anyone have a work around?

Message 5 of 12

Hi jeff.noel,

This issue is related to this IdeaStation idea. You might visit this link and add your comments and a kudo to vote for improving this:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Allow-Driven-Dimensions-to-be-used-in-an-iPart-ta...

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 6 of 12

You can use edit Via Spreadsheet and replace the equation with an excel equation.

Then the value shows in the table, not the equation.

The values updates automatic.

Message 7 of 12
kdcruz37
in reply to: mats_skold2

This I am certainly aware of. However, to me, the updates won't immediately be seen. The table has to be closed then opened again if any changes where made.

Also, I was hoping there was a straightforward way to do it in Inventor instead of jumping into excel. To some people, it might be a no brainer. But to others, it's an extra step to take and not everyone will know how to make excel formulas (i.e. Experienced Fabricators).

Thank you for all the inputs by the way.
Message 8 of 12
NathanGMartin
in reply to: mats_skold2

Note that this workaround (using excel) also does not solve the problem of seeing parameter names in a table rather than values, becuase Excel cannot convert a user parameter to it's correct value.  So you could use excel to replace the actual algebra of the formula, but only if it is pure operations and not pulling in external parameters.  'G2 + E2' works fine as long as G2 and E2 are integers... and not themselves parameters.

Message 9 of 12
cadcamm99

I agree with this.  It shows the Equation value instead of the nominal value.  Why can you select nominal values instead?  This is not being addressed.

Message 10 of 12
Wannes.V

I have same issue:

I would like to show nominal value instead of equation.

Manual overriding equation and filling manual numbers in defeats the idea of iparts.

Message 11 of 12
jatinBRF9Q

anyone found ant work around this?

Message 12 of 12
johnsonshiue
in reply to: jatinBRF9Q

Hi! The General Table literally shows the exact content on the Excel table. If you want to show the exact values, not the expressions, you will need to modify the table so that the values are captured on the table.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report