Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic to Export Sketch to DXF

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
CADyShaq99
434 Views, 0 Replies

iLogic to Export Sketch to DXF

Hi All,

I'm fairly competent with most of the standard iLogic uses, or can find them online, but this one is probably stepping into more advanced territory.  Before I go any further, just wanted to mention that I've tried using Inventor's sheet metal and it's not flexible enough for our use case.

I have a an assembly, in which one part is a sealed plastic bag, and another part which serves as a flat pattern for that bag.  The flat pattern part is driven entirely by the bag part, and works just fine.  I have a final, adaptive sketch at the bottom of the flat pattern part browser that we'll be exoporting as DXF to drive a CNC cutter for the patterns.

While we can do this manually, I was wondering if there was some code that I could use instead, which would export it with a name that matches the assembly part number with "FlatPattern" on the end (i.e. "<ASSY PART NUMBER>_FlatPattern") and also complete a few other iProperties from the assembly, such as Revision, Description, etc. 

Any help or pointers would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Mike (Inventor Pro, 2013)

Tags (3)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report