Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic in Drawings

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rptandy
571 Views, 2 Replies

iLogic in Drawings

I am slowly learning about ilogic, and have created parts and assemblies that are run by rules. My next question is, what exactly can ilogic do for drawings? I've looked at the wikihelp, but I am not a natural at programming and I need more than a list of functions with brief descriptions to get me started.

I'm looking for code snippets, other discussions, tips, tricks, and/or tutorials to help me get an idea of what kind of things I can do with ilogic and the API that can help automate parts of the drawing process.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 3 of 3
SBix26
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

We have three iLogic rules that we use in drawings:

- for a new drawing, presents a form to choose the sheet size, then prompts for title block prompted entry fields (suggests likely entries) then places the correct title block and border

- automatically populates the Scale field in the title block with the scale of the first view placed

- when triggered, sorts parts list with subassemblies at the top, instead of at the bottom where our numbering system would place them alphanumerically.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report