Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic code to embed externally ran rule to ipt.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Fleagle8t
425 Views, 1 Reply

iLogic code to embed externally ran rule to ipt.

Hi Folks,

I have put together some ilogic code which is embedded within a part template, this auto populates the iproperties with the profiles length,width and thickness, and also automatically updates when any changes are made to the said profile When I hit save.

This works a treat when creating new parts, the problem arises when re-using old parts from previous jobs (Which is a regular occurrence),prior to when the code was created.

So I have to run the code as an external rule, but this has caught me,and a few other people out, as we have forgotten to run the rule after making a change to the part so the iproperties aren't automatically updated.

My question is, is there a snippet of code that I could add to my code, which embeds the the externally ran rule to the Ipt? 

I hope this makes sense???

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pcrawley
in reply to: Fleagle8t

You could run "Code Injector".  You can batch select all your old files and add your rule to them. Easy.

I have to say that Code Injector is the greatest iLogic-related tool ever.  Being able to push code into parts that previously didn't have code - or modify code on parts - or run code to change models... It's just awesome. 

http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2012/02/injecting-ilogic-code-and-ilogic-event-tri...

Peter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report