Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Contributor
Fleagle8t
Message 1 of 2 (213 Views)

iLogic code to embed externally ran rule to ipt.

213 Views, 1 Replies
01-12-2013 02:28 PM

Hi Folks,

I have put together some ilogic code which is embedded within a part template, this auto populates the iproperties with the profiles length,width and thickness, and also automatically updates when any changes are made to the said profile When I hit save.

This works a treat when creating new parts, the problem arises when re-using old parts from previous jobs (Which is a regular occurrence),prior to when the code was created.

So I have to run the code as an external rule, but this has caught me,and a few other people out, as we have forgotten to run the rule after making a change to the part so the iproperties aren't automatically updated.

My question is, is there a snippet of code that I could add to my code, which embeds the the externally ran rule to the Ipt? 

I hope this makes sense???

Distinguished Mentor
pcrawley
Message 2 of 2 (191 Views)

Re: iLogic code to embed externally ran rule to ipt.

01-13-2013 01:19 PM in reply to: Fleagle8t

You could run "Code Injector".  You can batch select all your old files and add your rule to them. Easy.

I have to say that Code Injector is the greatest iLogic-related tool ever.  Being able to push code into parts that previously didn't have code - or modify code on parts - or run code to change models... It's just awesome. 

http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2012/02/injecting-ilogic-code-and-ilogic-event-tri...

Peter
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.