Inventor General Discussion

skempnich
Message 1 of 1 (59 Views)

iLogic change drawing borders from assembly

59 Views, 0 Replies
02-10-2014 01:30 PM

I have an external rule that opens all parts in an assembly and performs a series of tasks to these parts. One task is to print the drawing for the part, if there is one. I would like to add the task of changing the border of the drawing. I can get a rule to accomplish this with one single drawing open. But I need to be able to go through all drawings associated to all the parts in an assembly. Here is a small example of one of the code variations I have used to try and accomplish this, it just will not work. Any help would be very much welcomed.

Dim oDrawDoc As DrawingDocument
oDrawDoc=ThisApplication.Documents.Open(idwPathName, True)
oDrawDoc.Activate
oDrawDoc=ThisApplication.ActiveDocument

Try
oDrawDoc.ResourceFileName="L:\Inventor\file.idw"
oDrawDoc.ActiveSheet.SetBorder("border", "", "")
Catch
EndTry

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube