Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic and Vault "Copy Design"

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Bill.Schmid
1248 Views, 2 Replies

iLogic and Vault "Copy Design"

I have a series of parts with an iLogic routine in them.  I re-use them in other assemblies by either assembling them in and doing a save and replace or, if they're in an assembly that I'm going to copy, I might do a copy design in Vault Pro and copy them that way.

But I noticed that in some of the parts, the iLogic routine is not there.  Now maybe I had a version that I didn't put it in, but I don't think so.  So I'm wondering if Vault just doesn't copy iLogic routines when it does a copy design.

Does any one have any experience where they can say they know iLogic routines definitely do get copied if you do a copy design?

Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Bill.Schmid
in reply to: Bill.Schmid

Just did another copy design on a part and paid attention this time.  There is a check box, at least in Vault Pro 2014, to remove iLogic rules.  This may have been a default in previous versions, or maybe not.  Something to watch if you have iLogic rules in your part or assembly.

Message 3 of 3
pcrawley
in reply to: Bill.Schmid

That's a useful feature if you ever want to send a copy of your model to someone else but remove all your iLogic cleverness.

Should you have some files that you want to "push" some iLogic into, try the Code Injector.  If you haven't seen it before, it's here:

http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2012/08/major-upgrade-to-the-ilogic-code-injector-...

Peter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report