Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic & work with asembly

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
marcinf
272 Views, 1 Reply

iLogic & work with asembly

Helo, I write iLogic rule. In my assembly file I have some subassemblys files. The main assembly is parametrics and have one main rule that control some variable in rulez in subassemlys. This structure work great 🙂

But when I want copy main assembly by "copy component" I lose my rules and equation in parameters form. In equations I have not my dependend equation but only value of last value of paramter.

How can I copy my assembly file with whole parameters and equations and rules??

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jvolence
in reply to: marcinf

I have had the same problem. "Copy component" doesn't seem to copy ilogic rules or equasions in parameters. I'm not sure which version of inventor you are running. I am using 2011. In 2011 there is a command "Place ilogic component".  Using this places a unique copy of the component along with its ilogic rules/parameter equations. (I'm not sure which inventor versions  if any have this command before 2011) In the ribbon it is an option in the dropdown under "place component". Also, if you are using vault, use copy design in vault. This also will preserve your ilogic rules/parameter equations.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report