Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic Windows Gone

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Talayoe
1089 Views, 5 Replies

iLogic Windows Gone

Hello all,

After a bit of use here from a fresh install, I came into work yesterday to find that my iLogic window was gone. Had a look to see if its checked off (visible) and it is. 

I run dual monitors and I have had stuff find their way onto the outside before. Change my primary to the other side (usually how you can find lost windows) and its not there.

Not sure how to get it back on the screen or back from where ever it has decided to vacation to.

Any help would be great.

tks!

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mrattray
in reply to: Talayoe

I assume you checked that it was toggled on. Have you tried toggling it off and then back on? Have you tried a reboot?

Capture.JPG

Edit: You mentioned it's a fresh install. Did you follow the AutoDesk Software Installation Guide?

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 3 of 6
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi Talayoe,

You can try this to retrieve the iLogic brower if you think it is coming up off screen:

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/2011/01/missing-dialog-box.html

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 4 of 6
Talayoe
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Mike (not Matt),

I did toggle the on and off for the box. First step one would hope...but silly things sometimes escape us. The fresh install isnt terrible fresh anymore, a few weeks old (had posts about Win8.1 as well!!!). The iLogic was once there but now is not.

Curtis,

I looked at this it doesnt help, unfortunatly. I have used this with other lost windows. The thing with the iLogic browser is that it doesnt apprear as a typical window (per say, when I check it into existance it doesn't auto....attach? that window as the top window). When you open something in windows typcially that new window gains dominance over whatever esle was on the screen before it. This does not sadly. 

I am wondering if this was something to do with the Win8.1 repair. Since that was a few days ago I did it and I cannot recall if the box was there right before (was definatly there before 8.1) or not.... hmmm

tks for the thoughts 🙂

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
Message 5 of 6
ChrisMitchell01

Hi

This is caused by the changes you made to your monitor configuration, mentioned in the earlier post. The iLogic browser is probably off on a monitor that is no longer hooked up. And unlike a full window, it can’t be moved with usual keyboard commands. (it’s a problem in the dockable windows API code and affects all dockable windows).

Inventor saves the position of the iLogic browser in the registry. You can reset it by

-          Exiting Inventor

-          Running regedit

-          Deleting the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion18.0\DockingAreasRibbon\DockableWindows\{3bdd8d79-2179-4b11-8a5a-257b1c0263ac}

Thanks go to Mike Deck in our iLogic Dev team for this solution.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 6
Talayoe
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

Hey Chris,

I have said thank you a lot in the last few days for your help with Win8.1 and I will say so again....

THANKS!

Appreciate it, and all the other thoughts/input 🙂

Have a great day!

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report