Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic - Query for components in an Assembly

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
astarnes
270 Views, 0 Replies

iLogic - Query for components in an Assembly

I'm decently accustomed to writing rules in iLogic, but am still unfamiliar with the syntax here and there.  I have an iPart in an iAssembly that follows a rectangular tube.  The assembly changes the tube length and height which dictates the height and number of iParts that follow down the tube at a certain spacing. The number of iParts can be from 10 to 100.

Rather than load up my iAssembly table with include/exclude and table replace for all these iParts, I'd rather write a rule that queries all iParts I have added to a folder in my model tree window.  If that's not possible I'd like to find a way to query all iParts based on Parent File or loop through their names (ex: iB000-000:1,iB000-000:2,etc.) and add them to a list.  From there I want to take that list and run a For loop to change the iPart's row if needed.

My current code to do this is running a Try and Catch block to test that parts name and replacing it if needed, which takes a while to update through all these parts.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report