Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iFeatures failing to load-0 Hole Centers message

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
gcross
1150 Views, 3 Replies

iFeatures failing to load-0 Hole Centers message

Many of my iFeatures are failing to load & I get the following error message:

!  Loading catalog D:\....\Boss_round.ide failed. The file has 0 Hole Centers in it's Interface Sketch.

To be a valid Template, the interface Sketch must contain exactly 1 Hole Center.

I have a sketch with a hole center on the sheet metal part I want the iFeature in. And I tried putting a hole center on the sketch in the failing ide files but I still get the error & cannot use many of my round,square, pocket_obrounds, press rib or boss  iFeatures. None of the geometric shapes work either.

I attached a few of the ide files.

I sure could use a hand on fixing this. Anyone know how to fix this?

Gary

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Yijiang.Cai
in reply to: gcross

when looking into the iFeature you provided, it should be the standard iFeature but not punch iFeature. So it will show the warning message when placing it using center mark and punch tool in sheet metal. Please use the original model to extract punch iFeature again, and it should work fine when placing it using center mark.

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com
Message 3 of 4
gcross
in reply to: Yijiang.Cai

River,

That did the trick. Perhaps Autodesk should add that information to the error message. It is not very intuitive otherwise.

Gary

Message 4 of 4
robert.branscheid
in reply to: gcross

edit:   _deleted_   sorry didn´t see the correct thread...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report