Inventor General Discussion

Valued Contributor
chrisrodway
Message 1 of 3 (254 Views)
Accepted Solution

iFeature Placement

254 Views, 2 Replies
01-21-2013 03:32 AM

Im just starting to look at Ifeatures to help me design, but even though my sketch is fully constrained when I place the iFeature with multiple references i can still move it using the arrows. Any ideas how i could place them more accurately

Cheers

Chris

Design Engineer

Sheffield, UK

Cheers

Chris Rodway
Design Engineer
Sheffield, UK
Product Support
Nicolas.Bourquin
Message 2 of 3 (224 Views)

Re : iFeature Placement

01-22-2013 06:01 AM in reply to: chrisrodway

Hello,

Thank you for having posted your question on the discussion group.

In fact when you want to select an ifeature and insert it you need to:

1) select the ifeature from the library to select an existing face of your part 2) place approximately the position of the ifeature 3) change (if necessary) the values of the parameters 4) open the sketch of the inserted ifeature and at this time you have the possibility to fully constrain (position) the sketch to the existing geometry.

Here are some links which could interest you:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2013/Help/1310-Autodesk1310/1500-Parts1500/1580-iFeature15...

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2013/Help/0126-Tutorial126/0127-Inventor127/0351-iFeature3...

I hope that helps.

Please, mark any response clicking on "Accept as Solution" button if it answers your question 

Nicolas Bourquin
Valued Contributor
chrisrodway
Message 3 of 3 (197 Views)

Re : iFeature Placement

01-24-2013 03:44 AM in reply to: Nicolas.Bourquin

Hi Nicolas,

Ive found out what I was doing wrong thanks to your reply and links. I was placing my Ifeatures without

activating the sketch, this causes the iFeature to have no constraints.

Cheers for the reply

Chris Rodway

Design Engineer

Sheffield, UK

Cheers

Chris Rodway
Design Engineer
Sheffield, UK
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.