Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iAssembly drawing

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
1403 Views, 14 Replies

iAssembly drawing

Hello,

I have an iAssembly with an iAssembly subassembly inside of it. When I try to make a drawing for the top level assembly I get an error in the parts list for all the subassemblies except for the active part. Attached is an image of the parts list in the drawing that shows the errors that I am speeking of.

iAssembly Drawing.png

Thanks

Robert

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

open the iassembly (iam factory file), click rebuild all, then save then regenerate all the members..

See if that fixes it. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous

That was my first thought. I tried to checkout all of the associated parts, rebuild all, save, regenrate all members in all files, and it still does the same thing.

Message 4 of 15
Cadmanto

What column is the "Number Acess Failed" ?  Is that a custom column indicating a property value?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous

The column that has member access failure is for the weight. It corrects for the active member as well. The part number and description are both filled in for the part but are blank in the parts list for the non-active members.

Message 6 of 15
Cadmanto

Does the weight by some chance happen to be calculated through an iLogic routine? from a custom property?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadmanto

The wieght is just taken from the weight of the model and not iLogic driven.

Message 8 of 15
Cadmanto

What happens if you call up those couple of parts individually and go to iproperties, physical tab, does the weight update when you select select the update button?

You said these particular parts are iparts, right?  I just want to see where the hangup seems to be.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadmanto

The weight does update in the part. But that is going to be looking at the weight for the active member. And the active member actually works in the drawing parts list.

Message 10 of 15
Cadmanto

Robert,

Have these parts ever shown the calculated weight in the parts list?  Looking to see if something all of a sudden triggered this not to work.

You say the active member shows the weight just fine.  So what you are saying is if in the sub assembly you change one of the members to be something other then the active member then it gives this error message?

I asked in my prior posting about the iLogic rule because I have experienced the weight not updating in a title block.  Once I implimented an iLogic rule and set the triggers for it (run before a save, after a save etc.) I have never had this issue again.  Depending on whether this has ever worked for you at all, makes me wonder if setting up an iLogic rule would be the way to go.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous

There are 4 members in the sub-assembly. When I activate one, that one shows up correctly in the drawing parts list and the other 3 error out in the parts list. You can see this in the picture that I posted with the part called Drum Weldment.

When I change the active member in the top level assembly, the respective subassembly member shows correctly in the parts list and the others error out.

I appreciate the help. thanks

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous

Does anyone have any more ideas? The Bill of Materials has the issue as well, which is why the parts list in the drawing is showing up incorrectly.

Message 13 of 15
it
Explorer

Hi,

The thread is a bit old but i have not seen any sulotion so...

Have you replaced any components in the iAssy using "Replace Component".

If so you need to delete the columns in the iAssy tabel, close the tabel, save the document and then add the columns for the new components again.

Even though the column names changes to the new component name when replacing component it seems to keep a reference to the old component.

If you can se the old components in the vault browser before you manualy change the column in the table.

Regards

/Emil

Message 14 of 15
hwu
Advocate
in reply to: it

You solved my problem.

Many thanks.

Message 15 of 15
wesley.zloza
in reply to: it

This fixed my problem as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report