Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iAssemblies, never worked with them before, are they ideal?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
KF090
213 Views, 8 Replies

iAssemblies, never worked with them before, are they ideal?

What I'm trying to accomplish is a way to create a kit (assembly of loose parts) that will be used in more than one product model.  Each top level assembly (product model) will require the parts to be constrained in different locations but all of the components in the kit will remain the same.

Is the iAssembly tool the right tool to use for this?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jletcher
in reply to: KF090

I would look into the ilogic.  iassemblies will go bye bye after ilogic takes over.. (they just will not tell you) But I will Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 9
Cadmanto

I was told by my VAR that when it came to assemblies the vault library was an ideal place to store such things as you are talking about.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 9
jletcher
in reply to: Cadmanto

Your var lied just to get you to use vault...

Vault is a mess I would not recommend it to my worst enemy...

Message 5 of 9
mrattray

Look into flexible assemblies.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 6 of 9
Cadmanto
in reply to: jletcher

We never did use it. The library feature that is.  We thought it to be too much of a mess as well.

But like I said they through it out there while we were still green at using vault.

Vault in and of itself is over complicated.

But thought throwing out the library feature someone might find it useful in this circumstance.  Guess not though. 

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 7 of 9
jletcher
in reply to: Cadmanto

Well glad to hear you are not using it....

It is the biggest mess you can think of in many ways...

See even Autodesk notic no one using it so what they did to force people into it was they took out multi user out of Inventor and made it with Vault this way they forced users into Vault...

And this is when I notic Autodesk not given a rats *$$ about the end user...

Sad very very sad Smiley Sad

I wish they would get back on track maybe if they fire that Solid Works guy.. I kknow he is getting paid to destroy Inventor from Solid Works under the table HEHE...

Message 8 of 9
Cadmanto

Having been a SW guy myself, I am sure you and I could go back and forth about all of the things/improvements

Inventor should/could make to have this software operate better.

What is interesting, is to read the threads in this forum and the SW forum of how each have their users that think there

software needs to be better and how each have their users that think the software is a piece of crap.  I justfind it humerous.  Smiley Very Happy

I know one thing I wish.  I have sent in a bunch of improvements into the Autodesk website and have yet to receive any feedback of receiving it.  Not sure if this is the norm, but that part is disturbing to me.  Smiley Mad

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 9 of 9
KF090

We use Vault Library for storing purchased/vendor components.

I would NOT put this Kit in the Library.  This Kit will be designed and maintained by us.  The biggest issue is being able to apply it to multiple product models (top level assemblies) with different configurations of the same Kit.

I will look into the iLogic and Flexible Assemblies, thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report