Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to find sub-assy that needs updating

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
slphantom
471 Views, 6 Replies

how to find sub-assy that needs updating

I have a large automated machine that has a lot of sub-assys in it. the update icon is showing and will not update the assembly when I pick on it. This usually means one of the sub-assys needs to be updated. is there a quick way to determine which one it is? Inventor 2012

thanks

Scott
win 11 64 bit
Nvida GeForce RTX 4000
Inventor Pro 2023
Space Explorer
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
stevec781
in reply to: slphantom

I sometimes get this and I also get frame generator members that dont update.  I find the only way to be sure everything has been updated is to close the model and open the top level asm.

Message 3 of 7
slphantom

yeah I have gone thru all my top level sub assemblies and can't find it.

Scott
win 11 64 bit
Nvida GeForce RTX 4000
Inventor Pro 2023
Space Explorer
Message 4 of 7
bobvdd

Scott,

This question comes up from time to time. That is why I decided to write a small VBA project for it.

Unzip attached file to any folder.

Start the VBA editor and do a FIle > Load project and select the file callled Outofdatedetection.ivb.

When you open an assembly that brings up the update dialog, run the macro called Show_Out_of_date_components(). Hopefully it will give you some extra information on why you got the update dialog. The button on the right serves another purpose (it lists the files that have been modified  and that you would normally see listed in a save operation).

outofdate.JPG

Cheers.

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Principal UX designer DMG group
Message 5 of 7
slphantom
in reply to: bobvdd

works great thanks. i have a list of the probable sources but can't find it yet. this helps a lot thank you.

Scott
win 11 64 bit
Nvida GeForce RTX 4000
Inventor Pro 2023
Space Explorer
Message 6 of 7
slphantom
in reply to: bobvdd

I found out what the problem was, i don't get it, but i found it. there was a prox. switch that was mated to the face of one the the plates in my sub-assembly. just one constraint, a mate, that offset the plate to the switch. weird.

thanks

Scott
win 11 64 bit
Nvida GeForce RTX 4000
Inventor Pro 2023
Space Explorer
Message 7 of 7
nickhowe

I've found that sometimes adaptivity stops regeneration.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report