Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to dimension counterbores on both sides of a plate

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
doozra
5263 Views, 5 Replies

how to dimension counterbores on both sides of a plate

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a way to show clearly that there are counterbores on both sides of a plate.  It does show the dotted lines for when it is on the down side of the plate, but in some sections i have a counterbore of the  same diameter on both sides of the plate.  Is my best bet just to to create two drawings of the upper and lower faces?
Also i've been trying to use the hole tables, something thats new to me, and i can get all the holes coming up, but im unable to get them to show up as actual counterbores, instead it shows up as two entries.  Any ideas on how to make this work?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: doozra

Why not just use a note on those double sided holes like "counterbore typical on both sides of hole" or something like that?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6
SeanFarr

Hey Doozra,

I noticed in your part that you used extrusion to create all your holes. If you used the hole command while modelling, the hole information is then used in the drawing when you select the Hole and Thread Note.

I ran into this issue of needing a counterbore on both sides as well not too long ago. Inventor doesn't have an option for this as far as I know, so my workflow was create a hole and counterbore on one side using hole command, then manually create the counterbore on the opposite side.

then in my whole note, I manually added a note such as mcgyvr suggested, "typical counterbore on both sides"

This image shows the difference in using the extrusion vs hole command when annotating in the drawing.

hole note.png

Sean Farr
Product Designer at TESInc.ca

Inventor Professional 2014-Update 2 - AutoCAD Electrical 2014
Win7-x64 | ASUS P8Z77-V | i7 3770 -3.4 GHz | 32GB RAM |
240GB SSD | nVidia GTX 670 4GB - 320.49
Message 4 of 6
doozra
in reply to: SeanFarr

Thanks for that, i might remodel that part

Message 5 of 6
quattda

Has this option been added to the recent versions of Inventor? I have not found it.

Message 6 of 6
mrattray
in reply to: quattda

No.
You might want to look in the idea station and give it a "vote"; I know there are several ideas posted for improving the hole command.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report