Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to delete constrains in sketch

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
kmeldfreyssinet
500 Views, 7 Replies

how to delete constrains in sketch

Hi,

I am posting this question althought I seem to know the answer.

How can I delete many constrains in sketch (many I meen 5 000 or so)?

unfortunatly Iit seems thay only possible answer is ONE BY ON.

Can you imagin.

Could some profesianal advise Autodesk to introduce possibility os selecting sketch coninstrains by frame selection and deliting them at once all togoether.

Cris.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Sketches by nature must be simple. All 3D modelers, not just Inventor, function this way.

Sounds like you imported an entire AutoCAD drawing.

Please go through the tutorials that come with Inventor.

Can you post the ipt that exhibits this issue?

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 3 of 8

Hi,

I did not imported all cad drawing.

I only wanted to import quite simple polyline (my vector designed logo).

If I am to use sketch it chould be usable. I am not expecting too much I think, when only expecting in vector program to use vector things easyly.

I also went threw tutorials somewhen in year 2008.

For you information I post idw file with title block. There is a sign FREYSSINET . It is realy not that complicated. This sign is killing inventor.

You can advise me to use jpg. I was advised this by Autodesk. This I realy do not concider as an option. I am also quite familiar with raster graphics (photoshop, ...) but I realy do not have to be. I do not understand why I schould to be grapgic expert to insert my vector logo in to my vector designed title block in vector based engeenering program that cost obout 11 kE.

FREYSSINET is noy my one logo but for exumple good enought. It is actual task to do.

Cris.

Message 4 of 8
JDMather
in reply to: kmeldfreyssinet

I would take the time to recreate clean, simplified native Inventor (or AutoCAD) geometry using arcs and lines rather than segmented lines.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
kmeldfreyssinet
in reply to: JDMather

Hi,

yes this can always be an option to redo everything for each program.

I steel think that programs so nativ as autocad and inventor schould not require such technik.

Also drawing exchange file formats ware invented and incorporated in programs to allow to exchange data. simple data, points, lines ...., what can be simpler than point and line?

I realy think it schould not be that dificoult to incorporate basic data exchange in thae way that it would not kill program.

I wonder if you schare my point of view?

I all the time use Autocad, Mechanical, Inventor, and many other programs. I realy do not want to redo everything for every program whan some detail like logo for exumple change.

Personally I forced graphics designing my provate logo to do that in vector spetially to be able to easyly put it in diferent programs and scale properly and use it everywhere.

also you could look on the forum. There is thered about putting images.

for some reasen I can not paste a link here. title is "image inserted in IDW sheet - low quality"

Cris.

Message 6 of 8
JDMather

@kmeldfreyssinet wrote:

Also drawing exchange file formats ware invented and incorporated in programs to allow to exchange data.

I realy do not want to redo everything for every program whan some detail like logo for exumple change.

Attach the original file here.
Were the original arcs created as arcs or as segmented lines?
If segmented lines then don't do the original art that way - do it correctly and it won't have to be done over - exchange should be clean.
I suspect the GIGO principle applies here (GIGO = Garbabe In Garbage Out).

For artwork viewed at a distance segmented lines representing arcs and curves might be OK.  For CAD programs use arcs and splines.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
Quagga

@kmeldfreyssinet wrote:

Hi,

I did not imported all cad drawing.

I only wanted to import quite simple polyline (my vector designed logo).

If I am to use sketch it chould be usable. I am not expecting too much I think, when only expecting in vector program to use vector things easyly.

I also went threw tutorials somewhen in year 2008.

For you information I post idw file with title block. There is a sign FREYSSINET . It is realy not that complicated. This sign is killing inventor.

You can advise me to use jpg. I was advised this by Autodesk. This I realy do not concider as an option. I am also quite familiar with raster graphics (photoshop, ...) but I realy do not have to be. I do not understand why I schould to be grapgic expert to insert my vector logo in to my vector designed title block in vector based engeenering program that cost obout 11 kE.

FREYSSINET is noy my one logo but for exumple good enought. It is actual task to do.

Cris.

What do you mean "killing Inventor"?

What version of Inventor?.

Computor Spec's? 

If things don't change they'll stay as they are !
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Message 8 of 8
kmeldfreyssinet
in reply to: Quagga

Hi,

by killing I meen:

- using all avalable memory after fiew operations

- taking fiew minutes to select

- taking ages to move

and so on, similar basic problems

I have:

AI 2012

win 7 ultimate 64 bit, intel core i5 2,3 ~MHz, 8 GB ram, 3 GB nVidia graphics.

It is quite new dell laptop.

I originally post this isue because I can not understand why this things work so badly when one could expect this to be no problem at all. And perhaps I was hoping someone from Autodesk would post some explanation WHY? but not only seing this il likt that, use jpg, but raly explain why.

Cris.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report