Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create rectangular pattern of welds

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
je10020
427 Views, 2 Replies

how to create rectangular pattern of welds

Hi, I'd like to make a rectangluar pattern of a part that is groove welded into a plate.  Inside the pattern command I can select the part but not the weld.  An ideas to avoid having to do each weld individually?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
karthur1
in reply to: je10020

No way that I know you can pattern the welds.  When in the weld command, can you pick the other plates as the second face?

Can you show us a pic of the weldment and what you are trying to do?

Kirk A.

Windows 7 x64 -12 GB Ram
Intel i7-930 @ 3.60ghz
nVidia GTS 250 -1GB (Driver 301.42)
INV Pro R2013, SP1.1 (update1)
Vault Basic 2013, SP1

Message 3 of 3
je10020
in reply to: je10020

Thanks for the response.  After you suggested picking multiple faces, I tried doing that (again) and once I selected the second face twice it worked. Patterning would be a nicer, since there are a lot of faces to pick,  but picking a lot of faces is better than doing each weld individually, or in pairs.

The weld was formed by selecting groove weld, selecting the top and chamfer of the inserted pins as face 1, the inside faces of the holes as face 2, and radial fill.  After radial fill was selected, only the last hole picked had a weld fill in; after I reselected face 2 on the second to last hole, the rest of the welds were completed.  Seems like wierd behavior, but it worked.

SP32-20130321-151702.gif

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report