Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to constrain this?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
281 Views, 3 Replies

how to constrain this?

Hey guys, I'm trying to assemble a motor, there is a support sheet metal, which is the blue part in the attached pic, the problem is I can only contrain it to the center of the cylinder body, but I don't know how to make its bottom complete horizontal. 

Pic 2 shows an exaggerated case, how can I know if it's not slightly tilted?

Thanks a lot

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jalger
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Alex2012us,

If your Bracket is supposed to line up with the top Sheet metal on the motor, you could do an angular Constraint.

You could probably get away with a directed angular Constraint (Two selections) then assign the Angle Between them.

Angular Constraint.png

If it is lined up with the motor (and the sheet metal is not quite the right angle maybe its 2 degrees off)

You could do the angle to an Origin plane of the Motor. (I hope that motor was made right, or imported to 0,0,0...  otherwise this won't work either)

if both of those are a bust (for what whatever reason), The last option in the Solution section above lets you define an angle based off of  a Reference axis (it uses the right hand rule).

I hope this helps,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: jalger

Thanks Jalger, I got it~! The sheet metal on the top is positioned correctly, so the problem is simple now. 

Message 4 of 4
jalger
in reply to: Anonymous

No problem.

Let me know if you get stuck.

Regards,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report