Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I change positional reprasentations in sub assenbly using ilogic?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
martjonker
350 Views, 3 Replies

how can I change positional reprasentations in sub assenbly using ilogic?

Goodmorning,

I'm configuring a band with different supports. Each support is configured with a range; 600-900, 900-1200, 1200-1500 etc. those ranges can be adjust by 50mm and those steps are specified by the pos reps (see attached image).

All the different supports are put in the top assembly and in this assembly I want to switch between the positional representations. I tried to use: 

ThisApplication.ActiveDocument.ComponentDefinition.RepresentationsManager.PositionalRepresentations("MyPosRep").Activate

But it won't work. I guess I have to replace "ComponentDefinition" in one way or another to the component name, but I don't know how.

I hope you understand my problem and you are able to help me!

-Mart

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
martjonker
in reply to: martjonker

Band = conveyor-belt. 🙂

Message 3 of 4
mpatchus
in reply to: martjonker

Make sure the sub assemblies are set to FLEXIBLE or the positional representations can't take effect.

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 4 of 4
martjonker
in reply to: mpatchus

Thank you so much for your reply!

Can I use "ThisApplication.ActiveDocument.ComponentDefinition

.RepresentationsManager.PositionalRepresentations("MyPosRep").Activate" after I've set the sub assembly to flexible?

I'm wondering how Inventor knows which subassembly I want to change without mentioning the name of the sub assembly in the ilogic rule. Or do I need to make sure the name of the pos representation is only used once?

Ik hope you understand!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report