Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gtx 660 anti-alias

46 REPLIES 46
Message 1 of 47
rmerlob
3809 Views, 46 Replies

gtx 660 anti-alias

So, I got a new GTX 660 rig and antialias looks worse on my 1920x1080 monitor than with my gt220m laptop, really looks like a bug, seems to try and anti-alias but when i move the model it gets jagged like in the picture, some artifacts too.

I know these cards aren´t supported but come on if looks okay on a gt220m it should look okay in this one, by the way I got a quadro 600 at work and looks exactly the same as the gt220m though it is faster.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

RM

46 REPLIES 46
Message 41 of 47
MikahB
in reply to: eljoseppo

Yep, still same problems even with the latest and greatest NVidia drivers on a GTX670 here.
Mikah Barnett
All Angles Design
Product Design Suite Ultimate 2014
Windows 7 Professional x64
Intel i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz
32GB DDR3-2400 RAM
GeForce GTX 670 4GB
Message 42 of 47
jaov2k
in reply to: rmerlob

So I've been doing extensive research on the subject, since my last post.

I've decided to go with an ATI Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition. It performs just below the 7990 and 690 cards, but better than the other 600 series gforces.

I used tomshardware's various graphic card comparisons as a reference. They included Inventor in one of their comparisons.

Also, I've read that the 600 series was just a stripped version of the 500 series cards, making the 580 actually more desireable than the 600's. If you do decide to go with 600's it should be a 680 at the least, but don't expect compatability. The 770 cards are just at the sweet spot for performance. Similar to the HD 7970.

For the record I'm not considering dual GPU options as they only create additional overhead and complexity without much benefit. So SLI/Crossfire is out of the question.

The only reason I'm holding back is furthur reviews of refreshed x79 motherboards that are supporting the 4930k CPU. I'm hoping they stablize the USB 3.0 situation.

Otherwise I'm speccing as follows:

Intel 4930K

Asus PX79 Pro

32 GB Gskill

ATI Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition

Cooler Master V850

blah blah blah...

Message 43 of 47
eljoseppo
in reply to: jaov2k

You wrote about SLI/Crossfire. As far I know Inventor doest not support this solution. But GTX 690 is dual core itself, I dont think that this is an advantage for Inventor. Does anyone knows something more about 690?

I'm about to choose 4 new computers I dont want to choose bad. Maybe AMD like HD 7970 is what I'm looking for?

Now I'm working on HD 7470 and my AA dont work at all. I've testes Quadro K600 and I bearly can see the difference.

I am working mainly with the Inventor, my assemblies have 2k-5k unique parts, up to 25k occurences. the parts are mostly very simlpe (shwrinkwrap or derived assemblies as bounding boxes). I've stopped dreaming about Quality mode long time ago.

Message 44 of 47
eljoseppo
in reply to: MikahB

So. I switched to GTX 780 from HD7470 and I must admit that I'm dissapointed.

Anti-alias is working only while I'm rotating model. Does anyone know why?

full spec:

FDSP+PDSU 2014
Intel® Xeon® E5-2620 v2 (6x2GHz)
16GB 1866MHz DDR3 ECC RDIMM
nVidia GTX 780 3GB
240GB SSD + 1 TB HDD

Message 45 of 47
eljoseppo

SUCCESS!

I've installed the newest version of nVidia driver, curently it's 332.21. Antialiasing works perfectly.

With previous (attached to the BOX version) 320.11 driver I had problems with AA.

You can mark this post as a solution 🙂

Message 46 of 47
CAG_DRAFT

hopefully it solves the issues on my secondary machine too, it was always so annoying seeing it look good for moments at a time then reverting a jaggy mess
Message 47 of 47
despradel
in reply to: rmerlob

I just upgraded my machine to GTX660 and I am having the same problem with anti-alias with Revit. (anti-alias does not work).

Did not have the problem before.

Thanks,

Guillermo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report