Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

get revision of part automatically into Titleblock

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ckuester
251 Views, 5 Replies

get revision of part automatically into Titleblock

Hello,

is it possible to get the Vault-Revision of a part, perhaps with comment, into a certain area(textfield) of the drawing titleblock ?

If possible automatically, the current solution is a textfield edited manually.... ;-(

Greetings

Christian

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Cadmanto
in reply to: ckuester

Christian,

Not sure what you mean by

@ckuester wrote:
... perhaps with comment, into a certain area(textfield) of the drawing titleblock ?

If possible automatically, the current solution is a textfield edited manually.... ;-(

I know the Vault revision can feed into the title block.  I have done that, but the comment I am not sure about what you mean.  Is there some property you have linked in the vault you want fead into the TB?

Please explain more.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 6
cbenner
in reply to: Cadmanto

Christian,

This can be done.  What version of Vault are you using, and is it basic or professional?  Do you use Items?  basically you can map any property in Vault to a property in Inventor, wether it is a custom or user defined.  Are you familiar with mapping Vault properties, and do you have admin access to your Vault?

Message 4 of 6
ckuester
in reply to: cbenner

Hello,

we are using Vault 2014 prof., yes, i have Admin. rights.

I need the Revision, a short comment of what has changed, the date and a abbriviation of my name  all together, if possible , in one row.

I am not very familiar with mapping vault properties...i have done this month ago for a userdefined entry...

Thanks

Christian

Message 5 of 6
ckuester
in reply to: Cadmanto

Hello ,

yes the comment could be a notice of what has changed from one revision to the next.

As i see it it can be a vault property but also a userdefined property. But if it s  already there i can use the vault property.

The comment has to be a text string with a max. length.

Hope this helps.

Christian

Message 6 of 6
Cadmanto
in reply to: ckuester

Christian,

Take a look at this link and see if it helps you.

http://underthehood-autodesk.typepad.com/blog/2011/04/vault-2012-revision-block-integration.html

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report