Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

from multi body part to weld assembly: efficient method?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
VIROrene
510 Views, 1 Reply

from multi body part to weld assembly: efficient method?

Hello,

I have created a complex multiple solid part. Please see attached image for an example. One solid contains all red U-profiles, the other solid contains the rolled staf.

In this example only 6 pieces are welded togehter; in my real part about hundred pieces are welded together. Also, the real part is split into several pieces.

The time consuming method to create the assembly would be: split and derive each body into a part, place and constrain them into the assembly. You can understand that I am not looking forward to manually add three constraints for each part.

An alternative would be to make a derive part of the complete solidi body (containing all five red U-profiles). But I do not prefer this method because I have to 'trick' the BOM.

Questions: Can iMates help? What is the most efficient way to create the welded assembly?

Inventor 2012 - 64 bit - build190 - Windows 7
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jingyi.liu
in reply to: VIROrene

Regarding your screen capture,there are sketch blocks in your design, I think you should use below workflow:

In Sketch1, click make component, select your blocks( U& UDP), assign assembly template to UDP (nest blocks) and part template to U, complete the process. you will get a assembly including U and UDP components (only Sketch)

Extrude U & UDP separately, since you have positioned them in right way, just ground them, there is no need to add constraints at all.

Multibody.png

Jingyi Liu

Inventor Product Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report