Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

frame, door, cilinder...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
hotreneke
482 Views, 2 Replies

frame, door, cilinder...

Hello,

There are 3 components in my assemby: a door (part) + frame (part, grounded) and a clinder/actuator (sub assambly). Now, the door and the frame are connect / constraint with 2 hinge-halves. That works: I can open/close the door.

Next, my idea was to create a sketch in the assembly in which I draw some circles (stroke, bla, bla) and determine where the cilinder should be mounted on the frame and on to the door. Creating that sketch is also a success.

But now: I cannot constrain anything to that sketch; ie contrain the bottom-eye-axle to the center of a circle within the sketch.

Am I missing something? What would be your approach?

Thanks,

Rene

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mcgyvr
in reply to: hotreneke

No idea without a picture but I would do it as in real life.. Add holes to the door and/or frame to constrain the "cylinder" to. Don't see what a sketch is needed for.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 3
LFMarshall
in reply to: mcgyvr

I agree that adding holes (or other mounting) would be the obvious answer.

Without seeing your files it's impossible to say for sure, but here are some potential alternatives:

Export the applicable parameter(s) from your sketch to the assembly file.  Then use that/those parameter(s) in the constraint of your assembly.  The position of your constraint(s) in the .iam will need to be consistent with how you dimensioned your .ipt.

Or you could extrude your sketch as a surface and constrain to that.

Larry Marshall
Inventor 2021.2 , AutoCAD 2021, 3DS Max 2021

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report