Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

force feedback in inventor simulation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
safiredesignengineers
294 Views, 3 Replies

force feedback in inventor simulation

Hi group

in inventor 2013 simulation, if i had a see saw that is level and i applied a cube to one side it would tip, I would like to know the force created on the other side in the upward direction. how do i do this?

I assume it is with the output grapher but i am unsure of what to use any help?

regards Adrian

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi Further to this, I have placed a tracer to an edge and in the output grapher I can get velocity, acceleration etc.. but i would like force in kilos,  is this possible?

the see saw design is just for explanation purposes on this post, the idea is i want to be able to place a force feedback  sensor on my designs to sense movment or strain in kilos.

regards Adrian

Message 3 of 4

Is your simulation static or dynamic?  If static, then you could place a constraint at the desired point, and once the simulation has finished running, you can check reaction forces at all constraints.

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2012

Message 4 of 4

Hi Cameron

thankyou for your reply, I am currently looking in dynamic simulation. when you say static is this frame analysis?

I would like to have feed back for force and also movement.

in some circumstances I will want to push designs to see limits so for an instance as a basic scenario to try and explain a simple situation:

to detect how much a beam will flex under load

if i lay a beam across two boxes to form a bridge , lets say the beam is 3mtrs long and the boxes are 250mm square and there is no actual constraignts or fixings it will be resting on the boxes.

I want to then apply a load to the beam and for ease lets say in the centre but on top. (this load will be in the form of another solid object so lets use a box and the weight will be set to suit the problem)

the idea being the beam will bend under a big load so the middle will go down and the ends will go up (pivoting on the box edges) I want to have a feed back in kilos and mm of the movment taking place A) at the point where the load is place and B) where the ends move.

or any other point i decide to set

In dynamic simulation i can attach a trace and use the output grapher but it does not give me force or movment, if i set constraints it will be fixed so no movement will be recorded?

and would i use the trace to also get feed back of movment in mm even if they are very small e.g 0.001mm resolution and up.

I look forward to any input on this.

regards Adrian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report