Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

following the centerline sectioning

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
azott
677 Views, 10 Replies

following the centerline sectioning

Dear all,

I add my worked. this work is a penstock at the hydroelectric powerplant. Due to uneven ground so inclined penstock and have many elbows. in civil engineering drawing section is taken from the axis line. so we compare drawings from the axis of the cross section have to take. what can i do this?

Thanks for all

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
mdavis22569
in reply to: azott

Yes ... You can follow the path of ... If you're not dead on like you want from the initial section lines made, RMB and edit (not edit properties of the section ) them in a sketch mode and center them to the pipe with dimensions...

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 11
azott
in reply to: mdavis22569

how can i this i don't understand

you say;

in section(create a any pipe) centerline and revalve create so hence the axial line will be. then what?
Message 4 of 11
mdavis22569

go to the view you want a section in: from there make a section on the path that you want the view to follow. Pull the view down and make the section. Then from there if it's not what you're looking for, Right Mouse Button on the Section Line in the parent view and hit edit. Edit the line as needed .. constraints. Then finish. I can't upload at work fortunately to show you exactly ..but http://a360.co/1k0xHuG

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 5 of 11
mdavis22569

http://a360.co/1pgaoTp http://a360.co/1pgasCC

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 6 of 11
azott

Dear michael,

thank you for all reply, but our section is in 3d sketch so I can not do what your say
Message 7 of 11
azott

This is my pipe. As you can see, this pipe has 3d sketch route so i'didn't section to route

Message 8 of 11
mdavis22569

Ohhh ... didn't know it was a 3d sketch .. that's makes it a whole different issue to solve. Honestly, I'm trying to think of a way to do this ... unfortunately I just can't see how to cut a section thru something that needs to be kept on so many various ways.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 9 of 11
azott

Thanks michael your replies.
No one will help me please?
Message 10 of 11
azott

dear all's this very big problem?anyone help me?

Message 11 of 11
graemev

I can only think of two possible solutions:

1) Create many sections, each of a portion of the pipeline conforming to a single flat plane.

Or:

2) Create a new copy of the assembly and rotate connections so as to flatten the centerlines to a single flat plane.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report