Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fillets

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
richard_cirillo
958 Views, 6 Replies

fillets

I need some help on how to make the fillets goes the opposite direction.I want the fillets to round the edges not join the edges together

Rich

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: richard_cirillo

Looks like you are trying to do Mult-body solids.

When creating the Extrusion features select the New Solid icon in the Extrude dialog box.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 7

I changed the extrusions to New Solids and Combined but the fillet still adds as Fillet 3 shows....how do i use the fillet to go in the opposite direction (fillet 3) or do i need a sketch & sweep cut

Thanks

Message 4 of 7
JDMather

@richard_cirillo wrote:

I changed the extrusions to New Solids and Combined ...

I have no idea what your design intent is.
Making as New Solid and then Combine seems to be an error in logic to me.
If you want them combined - then don't use New Solid.
I thought you were doing multi-body solids (an assembly of parts in one part file).

Can you post a classical 2D AutoCAD drawing or scanned hand sketch of what you are trying to do.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 7

Nearly done

1. I made Extrusion 2 a New Solid and this then solved the Fillet 5 and Shell issue..This is what  i wanted to achieve

2. See where Sweep 4 is used,I wanted the same result here as Fillet 5 did at the other end but i could not get the Fillet to work (0.5mm) so i tried with a Sweep but it did not go all around the shape (extrusion 1)..just the top was a sweep

What is required for this to work?

thanks,

Rich

Message 6 of 7

Anyone please?

Message 7 of 7
klapec

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report