Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

feature HUD off

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
signmeup
2159 Views, 4 Replies

feature HUD off

How do I turn the feature creation HUD off? It looks ugly, grabs focus, the text entry is erratic, and it annoys me like hell.

HUD.gif

Product Design Suite 2017, HP Z800 Xeon X5680 @ 3.33GHz x2, CPU x24, 96Gb, Nvidia Quadro 5000
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Daniela_Koloszko
in reply to: signmeup

Unfortunately, it is not possible to turn it off while staying in the Ribbon interface. It’s part of the UI and cannot be disabled. It is disabled entirely if you use the Classic UI.

Daniela Koloszko

Message 3 of 5
Dennis_Jeffrey
in reply to: signmeup

Tools >> Customize

4-9-2011-NG000054.png

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 4 of 5

Hi Dennis,

Just to spare some future confusion, that option controls the Marking Menus, but does not impact the Mini-Toolbars, which is what the OP is asking about.

And just to clarify a bit more, the Heads Up Display (HUD) is actually the term Auodesk uses for the dimension inputs that display when sketching a line or circle. So a bit of mixup with all of the terms makes this confusing.

With all of that said, the request to disable the Mini-Toolbar interface and just use the classic dialog boxes is a very valid one. And I think a very common one. Autodesk really should have provided an option to turn the mini-toolbar interface off. Particularly since it is still incomplete in some of the areas of it's implementation.

My suggestion is that users go to the Feature Request link and request that Autodesk fix this in the next release, so that there is an option to use just the classic dialog boxes. 

I hope that helps.

Curtis

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/

Message 5 of 5

I agree. I misread the post... No coffee yet this AM....Smiley Sad

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report