Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fb.dll system error

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
jason.rogers
3236 Views, 7 Replies

fb.dll system error

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the following problem:

When I have my file explorer open and right click on anything Autodesk (Inventor or ACAD) I get the following error (attached image).

I cannot right click and manipulate or open anything with this issue.

I have found that right clicking multiple files works ok in a fresh explorer window but I get the message the second time I try it.

Also when I ok the message it goes away and the typical right click menu pops up and works. 

The system is running Windows 7x64. All service packs and updates for Windows and Autodesk products have been applied.

Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
blair
in reply to: jason.rogers

Not sure what's up with your system, but that not the recommended method of opening Inventor files. Recommended procedure is open Inventor first, make sure you have selected the correct Project file, then open the file through the Inventor Open File box.

Close Inventor and make sure that you don't have any other instances of Inventor running (Task Manager). Then open Inventor and try opening a file from the Inventor Open box.

Possibly a file failed to register upon installation of Inventor. You might not have followed the pre-requisites.

Check in the: "Control Panel>Default Programs" that the correct associations for all the Inventor and Acad files are correct.

Try Defragmenting your system.

Admin Privileges

UAC turned off

Anti-Virus disabled

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 8
scottmoyse

Jason,

I have just started getting this exact same message. with exactly the same workflows. I noticed it on a Zip file created from and Inventor Pack and Go. Did you ever figure out how to solve it?

Cheers

Scott

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 4 of 8
jason.rogers

Sorry Scott,

I have not found a valid solution to this problem.

Jason

Message 5 of 8
scottmoyse

its a weird one thats for sure. Its a fresh install on my pc, been using Inventor for years and never seen that. I'm sure it wasn't doing it the other day.

Scott Moyse
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 6 of 8
CCIT_MPn

I had the same problem and I finally found a fix. It seems that it was a conflict with EASEUS Backup, I unregisterd a dll an now it works again.

Found the solution here: http://forum.easeus.com/viewtopic.php?p=41718

Message 7 of 8
scottmoyse
in reply to: CCIT_MPn

well thats interesting. I do have Easeus backup installed as well. but installed inventor afterwards

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
MarcelPigors
in reply to: scottmoyse

got the same problem but do not have this backup programm installed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report